I am so tired, but I want to give a quick shout out to my kids and to my church! First of all - my kids both scored their first soccer goals of the season today. It was actually Claire's first goal EVER, and she had been wanting to score one for so long. Taylor has scored many goals in the three years he has been playing soccer but has not scored a goal this spring. They were both so excited and so we decided to go out to dinner tonight celebrate. We went to Red Rocks where there is something for everyone. We had a lot fun!
My second shout out is to my church - Carmel Baptist - for the incredible Joy Prom it put on last night. I cannot even begin to explain in words what a truly beautiful event it is. It is one of my absolute favorite nights of the year. We hosted more than 700 special needs individuals and their caregivers for a "Night on the Town" prom experience. To see the pure joy on the faces of all those in attendance having the times of their lives was amazing. We heard so many stories of people who had been sleeping with their invitations under their pillow or carrying around last year's prom pictures with them all the time. It was truly fantastic! Click here to see a fantastic story about the event in our newspaper.
Best Song
6 years ago
1 comment:
Way to go Claire and Taylor! Awesome job!
The story on Joy Prom was great. Thanks Kelley for helping with that event. I so look forward to joining you to help next year. What an awesome thing! I know the Lord was glorified to the highest that night.
Post a Comment