Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up

That is what I feel like right now. I have fallen so hard off the healthy eating/exercising wagon that I cannot get back up. It is like I am powerless to say no to sweets and yes to physical activity. Clothes that were falling off of me months ago are snug now. Ever since after the marathon I have been eating so many things I shouldn't. I am not one to think we should totally deprive ourselves and I believe that we should have desserts/treats in moderation. If only I was actually following that right now. I am eating multiple "sweets" a lot of days not just one every so often.

Charlotte Christian has the best scones and muffins EVER. I am having a hard time saying no to them on my work days. Another work day issue is candy and homemade things people put in the kitchen. Last week I picked out all the mini krackel bars out of the hershey miniature bag and ate them ALL. In one sitting. Over the past two days I have eaten two really big pieces of the best carrot cake in the whole world. I just can't say no.

I have the opposite problem with exercise. I can't say yes. Now that I am not training for something I cannot make myself go outside and run. I have decided a need to set another goal and make an effort to train for something. I definitely don't want to run another marathon, but I could see doing a half marathon or a 10K.

With the Holy Spirit living inside of me I know I have all the power I need to change these bad habits. I just have to want to do it. And - I guess that is what it boils down to - I just haven't wanted to bad enough. So - after my trip to Houston on Friday - where I have every meal planned out in writing - I am going to turn over a new leaf and pick back up where I left off in November. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Fitafter4 said...

I have been following your blog for a while now and your posting "I've Fallen..." helped me SO much! I felt I needed to comment...

You are certainly not alone in your feelings---and it is so ironic that you referred to the Holy Spirit living inside of you and that you have all the power you need to change bad habits. I was JUST saying that yesterday!!
Regardless, your words encouraged me and validated what I already knew. It helps to hear that someone else struggles with the same things----
Take care,
Fit