Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Break Texas Style

Can I just say how much I LOVE Texas! I have often said if it were not to come home, I would have never wanted to leave Houston. It was such a fun place to live and we had (have!) some wonderful friends there. Of course, now that I am back settled here - it would be hard to leave, but I love visiting there. We had the best time last weekend showing the kids around and telling them about our life there. We visited old friends, ate at our favorite restaurants, went to the Houston Rodeo & Livestock Show, our old church, Space Center Houston, and a Rockets' game. We also showed Taylor where he was born, the house we lived in, and where Mike and I used to work.

The kids loved the rodeo. Of course they had never seen anything like it. Here are a few pictures of them at the rodeo.







Here the kids in front of some rockets and touching a moon rock at Space Center Houston:




Besides the WONDERFUL food - my favorite part of the trip was seeing my friends. The time with them was too short, but it was definitely sweet. It is so wonderful to be able to pick up right where we left off each time. It was really neat to see how Claire just fit right in with all of my friends' kids. When we didn't have our family close by, our friends were our family, and I wish we could see them more often.

I am so thankful for the chance to visit Houston last weekend. We had a blast!!

No comments: