Thursday, May 6, 2010

Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo and I decided to make it a fun event for my kids. I made up a menu and allowed everyone to "order" what they wanted for dinner. I had chips, salsa and a seven-layer Mexican dip for appetizers. I cooked chicken and ground beef and had hard and soft tortillas. They could order quesadillas, tacos or burritos. Every entree came with beans and rice, lettuce, cheese, etc.

It was a lot of fun, and they totally loved it. Claire and I made some decorations, but the best part was Claire's costume. She had me draw a mustache on her face with eyeliner and then she put her hair up and put on a straw hat. She added a poncho and became "Ricardo, the waiter." I wanted to take pictures but she said I was not allowed to post them so I will respect her privacy. No fun!

2 comments:

Anne G. said...

ploease ,Senor Ricardo, please let your Mama post your picture SOMEWHERE for yor Nana.I can't hardly stand it !Fun night--good job Mom !

Donna said...

That's a cute idea! I wanted to make a big Mexican feast but we were out of town. I LOVE Mexican food!!!