Today my children went back to school. It was exciting, sad, and fun all at once. It was extremely painful having my alarm go off at 6 a.m. That is probably one of the things I hate most. I did a lot to get ready yesterday, but I still found us running around like crazy trying to get out the door. When my kids got to their classrooms they both immediately went in and acted like they had been there for months. While they were gone I REALLY missed them, but at the same time I REALLY had a great day. It is amazing to me that I have very strong feelings at opposite ends of the spectrum at the same time. By 10 a.m. I had taken my kids to school, had breakfast with a friend, gone to Target, Dicks Sporting Goods, Harris Teeter, Target (again) and gotten home to work around my house. By 12:30 I had added to my list of accomplishments the following: got all my laundry washed, dried, folded & put away, started supper, wrapped a present for my mother-in-law, wrote a card to a friend, straightened up the house, and baked brownies. In the last 1 1/2 before I picked my sweeties up I went to the post office and the library. Only a fraction of that would have been possible if I'd had my children with me. So that is why it was great!
But I did miss them. It is hard for me to believe that Taylor is starting his last year of lower school. I am not ready for him to start middle school. How did this happen??? I am trying so hard to stop and really spend time with him when he wants to. I don't think he'll ask to hang out with me much longer. When they got home today we had brownies and sat around the table discussing our days. Taylor was very talkative - something that doesn't happen often, so I thoroughly enjoyed it. All in all it was a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment