Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Party is Over

I am going back to work tomorrow.  I am starting my fifth year at CCS, the longest I have ever been in one job.  Part of me is excited, but the other part of me is dreading it.  I love that first day of work.  There is a buzz around campus, people are excited to see each other, and it is fun to see all the new employees. The spirit of Christ is very present as we spend the first part of the morning in praise and worship. I love the girls I work with and the camaraderie we share.

All that said, I dread the routine that comes with the end of summer and the first days of school/work.  I know our God is a God of order, but I can't stand having my alarm go off at the same time day after day after day.  I don't like having spelling tests every Friday, piano every monday and a meeting every Wednesday night.  I LOVE the freedom and flexibility of summer. I love staying up late and sleeping in.  I love being able to decide at the last minute that we are heading out of town.  I love staying in my pajamas until after lunch while I clean the house.

But the end of summer, for me, is here whether I want it to be or not. So, I have laid out Claire's clothes for tomorrow and gotten her bag packed so she can go to work with Mike.  I have figured out what I am wearing and packed my bag, too.  The coffee pot is ready for me in the morning, and my alarm clock is set.  Now all I need is one more month!


No comments: