Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Modern Technology, Part 2

My mom has been hooking us up lately. For Mike's birthday she bought him some wireless headphones. He had been asking for some, because of his late night jam sessions on Guitar Hero/Rock Band - take your pick - we have both. He doesn't have a chance to play until after the kids go to bed, and then it is too loud because of our wonderful, loud, heat-capturing, two-story family room. SO - he wanted the head phones which allows him to mute the volume on the TV but still allows him to hear the sound.

As is with most gifts we adults get, somehow they have gotten into the hands of my kids. I must say, however, in this case, I do not mind one bit. They can watch TV and it is soooo quiet. We all know the Disney Channel gets old after a while. This dramatically cuts down on the noise. SO far, there have been no fights over them, but since we only have one pair I imagine that will be an issue.

Here is a picture of Taylor wearing them. I must issue a disclaimer - he is only watching TV on a school afternoon because he came home early from school today b/c he was sick.



The ones we have are expensive - $100, however my mom says you can also get them for $25 at Walmart. She splurged on nice ones for him, but you definitely do not have to spend that much. I know they will also be nice for me to hang out downstairs and be a groupie for Mike but not actually have to listen to Eye of the Tiger for the 100th time.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

That sounds like heaven!! I LOVE a quiet house!! :) Now you just need some for your car, too!