Taylor is visiting middle school this week. He will have a "buddy" that he will go to class and lunch with. He will also visit a middle school chapel. He is so excited. I am not. Oh sure, I am happy for him, it is just that time is passing too quickly. Here is an example. Claire asked me to come eat lunch with her at school last week. I told her I would and asked Taylor if he wanted me to eat lunch with him, too. He said, "No, that's okay." WHAT??? He has always wanted me to eat with him. I don't go very often, so it was considered a special treat when I would do it. And now, at 10 years old, my son was completely rejecting me. Now, the second part of the story is that I told Claire I would bring her lunch from somewhere when I came. I asked her where she wanted me to go and she said Bojangles. When Taylor heard I was going to Bojangles, he changed his mind and decided that it would be okay for me to eat with him. Again, I say WHAT??? Fried chicken, seasoned fries and biscuits were required before T would eat with me. Maybe it is true what they say, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." At least I know what it takes to reach him. Now, If I could only learn how to play Madden 09 on the Wii.....
No comments:
Post a Comment