It finally snowed. It is so beautiful. I set my alarm for about 1 a.m. to see if it was snowing yet, and it was, but only barely. So then I woke up about 4 a.m. and saw a good bit of snow on the ground, but the roads looked completely clear. It was then that I set my alarm to get up for school because I thought surely we were going to have to go. Imagine my joy when I woke up at 6 a.m., dialed the number for school/work and heard these beautiful words, "Charlotte Christian is closed today." ALLELUIA!! We have had a great day. The kids have sledded, built snowmen, had a snowball fight, drank hot chocolate... all the things you are supposed to do on a snow day.
The other big news of the day is the Presidential Inauguration. I have had the TV on since about 8:30 a.m. and was pretty glued to it from about 10 a.m. on. I was pretty emotional watching the Bushes as they welcomed the Obamas to the White House and then watching them at the Inauguration and then finally when they boarded the helicopter outside the Capitol. I am so proud of how President Bush remained steadfast in his beliefs and how he tried to always do the right things. It has made me sad when I have heard/read people ripping him apart. I'd like to see them do better.
I have been trying to impress upon my children the importance of today, the history of it. Claire isn't at all interested. Taylor has watched it with me for most of the day, albeit with PSP in hand. I think he has been a little interested. He liked hearing the chief White House usher talk about how anything the Obamas want they get - even a cheeseburger in the middle of the night!
What an interesting day this has been!
2 comments:
I've enjoyed catching up on your blog. When are you going public?
Kelley!!! You have a BLOG!!?? I just found it through Nancy's! Yay! I have had fun reading all about your snow day. And I love your list of favorites. I am right there with you on so many...especially NYC and John Mayer. Love them both! :)
Post a Comment