Saturday, January 24, 2009

Times Are A Changin

I joined Facebook this week. I swore I wouldn't do it. I had been getting a little pressure from some of my out of town friends, but I had been telling them that I wasn't going to do it. So - I decided I would just check it out. Well, unbeknownst to me, you can't just check it out. So five days later - here I am. It is CRACKING me up. There are people I haven't seen in close to 25 years coming out of the woodwork. I never in my wildest imagination thought that I would lay eyes on some of these people again. It is fun to reconnect with many of them. In some way, shape or form they all played a part in my life - so it is pretty neat to see where they are. It is also fun seeing pictures of their kids. It is wild that we are all real grownups! My brother thinks I am a sellout - he called me a Facebook loser. My other brother told me it was about time.

In other news, Zach and Laura found out yesterday that they are having a boy. I can't wait to see them as parents. The baby is due in June close to Taylor and Davis' birthdays. Hope my parents can keep all the three boys' birthdays straight.

Both of my kids spent the night out last night. That happens maybe once a year, and it was awesome. Mike and I went downtown to Flemings for dinner. It is a steakhouse similar to Mortons, Sullivans,... It was great. I had mahi-mahi, a salad and some TO DIE FOR chocolate molten lava cake. We walked around the new EpiCentre afterwards. It is neat to see downtown developing more. I hope it will make it. We came home and watched our House season 1 dvd. We are really enjoying those. We slept in, of course, until my friend who shall remain nameless called and woke us up. It was a great 24 hours.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

First the blog and now FB - you are so trendy! I'm wondering who woke you up?

Kelley Burch said...

I give all the credit to you.