Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Oh Happy Day Part 2

OH. MY. WORD. I can't believe we have another snow day. This is an unexpected BLESSING! Even though it is my day off of work, and my kids are home all day - I am so excited. I had so many things to do today and God has decided that it is better for me to be at home doing laundry, getting organized for Claire's birthday party and staying in my pajamas as long as possible. I love it! The kids were so excited, yet at the same time a little concerned how to make up ERBs. No worries - I told them - just enjoy! So they have been outside for the last 2 hours. I am washing all the things that never get washed - couch blankets, bathroom rugs, etc.

Today is Mike's birthday and so we made him french toast this morning and served it on the special birthday plate. Claire got out her Paula Deen for Kids cookbook and called it the Birthday Diner. He just left to go to work for a few hours. I was supposed to meet him for lunch, but we have changed our plans and decided to have a cheap family dinner (Five Guys??) out tonight since our Sullivan's meal on Friday is the real celebration.

Here is the birthday boy with the snow behind him:



Here is his traditional birthday cake - Triple chocolate and vanilla cheesecake. It is the best ever.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday Mike! And his cake looks so yummy. I'm assuming you made it. You should share the recipe!

Donna said...

Kelley Burch!!!! I'm so glad you finally opened the blog up to the public! That cake looks so good. DId you make it? That pic of you and Mike on your side bar is very good. You look beautiful. See you at Zumba tomorrow?