We only have 44 more days of school. I absolutely cannot believe it. For my children, those 44 days also include multiple half days, Easter and grandparent's day programs, field days, several field trips and more. I bet they only have 38ish actual instructional days left. For Taylor, that is it for ALL OF LOWER SCHOOL. I will save the sap for May when we celebrate fifth grade promotion, but needless to say, the time has flown by faster than I ever imagined it would.
I think once your children go to school, the time really starts flying. I wonder if it is because that is when they start spending so much time away from you. There have been days when I have picked up my children from school and thought they have grown an inch. Those first few years of their lives they certainly change so dramatically and quickly, but since the days can be LONG - time sometimes drags when you are looking for the light at the end of the tunnel.
I think these past few years have been my favorite as a mom. My kids are still young enough to be cute, sweet and, for the most part, lacking in attitude (ha)! At the same time they are old enough that we can really interact with them and make some fun memories. Changes are coming, though. I feel like with Taylor, we are teetering on the edge of some moodiness. Also - for a while now, his social schedule has been busier than mine. I am savoring these last days of lower school with him and looking forward to a fun summer of many memories!
P.S. Did anyone see the story about the komodo dragon that ate the Indonesian fisherman? FREAKY!!!!!!!!!
Best Song
6 years ago
1 comment:
Wow! Y'all have been a busy family lately and I bet once school ends, your summer will take off quickly:)
I enjoyed the pictures of you all in DC!
Post a Comment