The highlight of Spring Break Part 2 was the weekend. Claire got to go with Mike to Bristol for the Nascar race, and I got to spend the weekend with just Taylor. I was so excited for all of us and it turned out to be fun for everyone. Taylor had a friend sleep over Friday night. They had a ball, and I got to lay in my bed upstairs and watch movies. HEAVEN!! The best part of the weekend for Taylor and I was seeing the Tarheels play in Greensboro Sat. night in the NCAA tournament. We had a great time together cheering for the Tarheels and then later AGAINST the Dukies. Sunday we went to early church and then came home because he didn't feel good. I laid on the couch with him and watched three movies in one day - Made of Honor (cute), The Secret Life of Bees (good), and Kitt Kittredge (cute).
Claire and Mike had fun, too. Mike is on occasion able to take the kids with him when he travels for work. This is made possible by MRO (Motor Racing Outreach) which holds a special place in my heart. MRO's mission is to introduce the racing community to a personal faith in Christ, to growth in Christlikeness, and to active involvement in the church through relationships that provide care in times of stress, knowledge of God's word, and assistance in the development of leadership skills. They hold chapels and bible studies for members of the racing community. They also provide, and this is where my children are impacted, childcare for children of drivers, pit crew members, and etc. during race weekends. They have an awesome RV they drive from track to track, and they park it in the drivers' lot. This RV is outfitted with tons of games, crafts, toys and more. Children can be dropped off while their parents are working and they are loved on and well taken care of.
This is such an outreach to members of the racing community. These men and women travel 36 or more weekends out of the year and are separated from their families. The Community Center (MRO's name for the RV) provides the option for families to travel together and not have to be separated. The took such good care of Claire and she has a ball when she goes. She always meets new friends and comes home full of stories. This was Claire's first time to go by herself with her daddy, because Taylor has gone with her in the past, and I know they made sweet memories!
Here is a picture of the two of them together somewhere at the track:

Today was our first day back to school. It is always a tough transition, however we only have 44 days of school left. I can't believe it! There is always so much jam packed into the last few months, in fact - Taylor will be missing two days of school this week alone for a field trip to the Billy Graham Library and to the Math Olympics. Summer will be here before I know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment