Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That

I am so excited because I completed a whole month of reading my chronological Bible. This is definitely a testimony to God, because I cannot do that on my own power. I have tried before to read the Bible through in a year, but I haven't been successful. Thank you, Nancy for the suggestion!

I am watching the Super Bowl right now. The game has become interesting in the 4th quarter. I'd say the commercials have been average. The Doritos commercials have been funny. I might win the bad mom of the year award b/c the kids have ERBs this week and I am letting Taylor stay up late to watch the game. They don't start until Tuesday, so hopefully he'll be okay.

February always stresses me out - way more than Christmas. I have MIke, Claire and mom's birthdays and Valentine's Day. Inevitably I am always in charge of one or both of the kids' school Valentine's parties (Taylor this year) in addition to trying to make the holiday special for my family.

Claire is having a party this year so I am getting ready for that in about 2 weeks. She wants a small party which really does suit her personality - she doesn't particularly like large groups or crowds. She does have a lot of friends, however, so we have had a tough time coming up with a small group. She did not invite all the girls in her class, and I am terrified feelings are going to be hurt. I really struggled with this, because her party should be the way she wants it, but I don't like leaving people out. She has been left out before and it does happen, but I don't want to be the cause of it. In addition, the party is at our house, so space is an issue, too.

She is having a WInter Wonderland party. We are making snow globes, snowmen pins and another craft. All the food is themed - hot cocoa, snowflake shaped sandwiches... and we are giving away striped, fleece gloves as party favors. I got them on sale at Old Navy for $2 a pair. I love deals! We have all sorts of snowflakes to decorate with and we might play pin the nose (carrot) on the snow man. It should be fun.

Mike's birthday is this Wed. We are having lunch together. We are taking the kids to Sullivan's on Friday night to celebrate both birthdays and the end of ERBs. We have 2 gift certificates so we are getting dressed up and celebrating. My kids LOVE steak so it should be a treat.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Claire's birthday sounds like so much fun!! I hate leaving people out, too. That's what we are dealing with right now with Ashley's wedding guest list! Sullivan's is so yummy. Enjoy your night out!

Nancy said...

You have some great ideas for Claire's party. Betsy brings up a good point - today it's birthday party guest lists - one day soon it will be wedding guest lists.

You did not mention where you and Mike are going for lunch tomorrow. Dare I guess Cracker Barrel?